Top 10 Uses of Onion:
Top 10 Uses of Onion: In every home on the earth use onion for cooking but onion do have other uses that make this the most important vegetable in human’s daily life. Onions are a nutrient-dense food, meaning that while they are low in calories they are high in beneficial nutrients like vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Onion available in (red, yellow and white color) with change in taste and size also, but the properties in it are very similar in nature.
Here are the top 10 uses of Onion that makes this vegetable the most important in our daily life
To Cure or prevent various diseases
According to the Medical News Today and National Health Onion Association, Onions have antibiotic, antiseptic, antimicrobial and carminative properties and Onions are rich in sulphur, fibers, potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C and they are low in fat, cholesterol and sodium therefore protect or fight against below mention list.
- Stop or slow Fever, common cold, cough, sore throat, allergies, bronchitis, asthma, dehydration, intestinal gas, parasitic worms
- Stop or slow down the bleeding through the nose.
- Insomnia or sleeping disorders.
- Quick relief of Stomach disorder (digestion and Constipation).
- Stabilize cholesterol level.
- Produce insulin in the body works against diabetics.
Other Uses and benefits apart from cooking
- Due to the rich amount of Vitamin A, C and E it Protect against UV rays that directly affect the skin by making human skin older than his/him actual age, In addition it also protect against wrinkles.
- Treat acne by using it on the face for 20 minutes due to have properties of antiseptic.
Work as a Cleaner
- Want to polish any metal than the best option is onion to polish your metal Cut onion in to two pieces and rub it from by using onion inner side to the metal until it gets done.
- The mesh is a perfect tool to clean all that gunk that builds up on sponges. Cut it up into smaller pieces for best results and clean your grill by chopping an onion in half, and turn on your grill. Using a fork, glide the onion on the grill to scrub it clean.